Drug Discovery is an Eternal Challenge for the Biomedical Sciences
In this inaugural Editorial the Co-Editors-in-Chief and Executive Editor of Acta Materia Medica Hua Li Wenyi Wei and Hongxi Xu discuss how drug discovery is an eternal challenge for the biomedical sciences. The discovery of new drugs is among humanity’s most sophisticated and cutting-edge intellectual activities. This process requires not only the discovery of the basic laws governing biological activities with curiosity, but also the inspirational creation of new materials, and decades of persistence in the face of difficulties and failures. This pursuit is both interdisciplinary and comprehensive, and such a grand project could not be advanced without the large-scale collaboration of numerous talented minds.
Acta Materia Medica provides an open platform for rapid publication of the latest findings, approaches, and viewpoints related to all related areas of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, including, but not limited to, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, natural products, pharmacognosy, pharmaceutical analysis, pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacy, pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomics and pharmacy management.
- Pathophysiology of important diseases and disease vectors
- Novel therapeutic strategies
- Novel methodologies facilitating the search for therapies
- High-throughput screening, combinatorial chemistry, parallel synthesis and library design
- 3D Structures and functions of therapeutic targets
- Structural biological studies of relevant ligands and targets
- Discovery, design and synthesis of biologically active agents, including natural products, therapeutic macromolecules
- Drug delivery
- Advances in key compound classes and therapeutic areas
- Omics in pharmaceutical sciences
- Biological databases, web-based software for pharmaceutical sciences
- Studies of biological activity or mode of action.
- Structure-activity correlations of drugs
- Development of new imaging and diagnostic tools
- Computational studies the SAR of compounds, target informatics
- Business strategy for pharmaceutical industry
- Clinical research and trials, meta-analysis
- Management, commercial and regulatory issues in pharmaceutical R&D.
- Other aspects of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences.
Acta Materia Medica welcomes the submission of research articles, review articles, databases, mini reviews, commentaries, editorials, short communications, case report articles and study protocols.
Submissions to Acta Materia Medica are made using ScholarOne, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access are available at https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/ammed
Queries about the journal can be sent to email@example.com.